How often have you thought about scheduling duct cleaning in Conway, SC for your home? Probably not often. Ductwork is a part of the HVAC system of a home that tends to slip people’s minds.
But those ducts can get extremely dirty, and dirty ducts are bad news for several reasons. Today, we’ll look at why routine duct cleaning is a great benefit to your home.
Why Duct Cleaning Is Beneficial
It doesn’t take long for dust, lint, dander, and other debris to catch onto the walls of ducts and build up. After three or four years, the congestion inside the ducts will have developed enough that it will start to create problems for your HVAC system and the quality of your air. Duct cleaning can eliminate these troubles and provide the following benefits:
- More Energy-Efficient HVAC System: The resistance against airflow through dirty ducts places extra strain on the HVAC system, forcing it to work harder. It’s similar to how much more you have to work at breathing when your nose is congested. When the HVAC system has clean passages, it can work more energy efficiently, which means you won’t see your bills steadily rising.
- Fewer HVAC Repairs and Breakdowns: Another benefit of lessening the strain on the HVAC system is that it will endure less wear and tear. You can expect the system to run into fewer repair issues and a reduced chance of breaking down. High dust levels can also infiltrate into the HVAC cabinet and cause damage to the motors, the burners, and other components, and you’ll keep these problems away with cleaning.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: You want your family to enjoy the best indoor air quality (IAQ) possible. That’s hard to do when the HVAC system is continually circulating a supply of dust and other pollutants stored inside the ducts. Cleaning the ducts gets rid of the reservoir of airborne contaminants.
Signs You May Need Duct Cleaning
Because you can’t see into your ducts easily, it can be tough to know when it’s time to have them cleaned. There are several signs to watch for that will alert you to dusty, dirty ductwork:
- An increase in your heating and cooling bills you can’t account for.
- The amount of dust in your home seems excessive, and no matter how much dusting you do, you can’t get rid of it.
- You haven’t scheduled duct cleaning in more than five years—or ever!
There is a simple way for you to get a good look at the interior of your ducts if you need a solid answer about professional cleaning. Unscrew one of the vent covers in your house and then reach down inside with your phone to snap a picture of the inside with a flash. If the image shows you something that looks like a clogged car filter, it’s time to get serious about duct cleaning.
Only Rely on Professionals for Duct Cleaning
If you think you need duct cleaning, you only need to call Martin Heat & Air to schedule an appointment. We’re professionals and will see the job gets done right.
Schedule duct cleaning today with the pros at Martin Heat & Air. We’re more than HVAC services; we give you peace of mind.