The fall is a good time to look into making changes to your home’s HVAC system. We’re past the most intense heat of the summer, and we may not experience anything remotely like “cold” weather until deep into December. If you think your HVAC system is no longer reliable or if it’s costing you a lot more to run than it used to, now is a great time to call our technicians and ask about upgrading your system.
We want to talk to you about the possibility of having a heat pump installed. Heat pumps in North Myrtle Beach, SC are an excellent idea—we’ve got a climate that’s perfectly suited for how heat pumps work so they supply powerful air conditioning and energy-efficient heating. Let’s look at why we think heat pumps deserve your consideration for your next HVAC installation.
The Benefits of Heat Pumps
A heat pump is a refrigerant-based system similar to an air conditioner, except it can switch the direction it runs so it can change between cooling a home and heating it. Heat pumps offer some great advantages:
- Two-in-One Operation: This is the main appeal of a heat pump—you don’t need a separate AC and heater to keep your home comfortable around the year. All you have to do is make a simple adjustment to the thermostat and your heat pump will switch from heating to cooling or vice versa.
- Energy Efficiency: When it comes to heating a house, a heat pump has fantastic energy efficiency. A heat pump doesn’t generate heat the way furnaces do. It instead moves heat from one place to another, and this takes far less power. You can expect to see significant energy savings when it comes to your heating costs.
- Safety: Are you worried about using a gas furnace in your home? You don’t have to fear that your heat pump will create toxic emissions or become a fire hazard. In fact, the exterior of a heat pump doesn’t even get hot when it’s running in heating mode.
- Right for Our Climate: Because heat pumps must draw on thermal energy from outdoors when in heating mode, they can lose efficiency in sub-freezing weather. That’s not a problem we have to worry about here in Florida! For the short time you’ll need your heat pump in heating mode, it will always deliver the comfort you need.
- Environmentally Beneficial: Heat pumps don’t rely on fossil fuels to work, which makes them better for the environment. They have a much lower climate impact than traditional equipment.
Should You Make the Switch?
Heat pumps sound great, but they won’t work perfectly for all situations. This is why it’s important to come to HVAC professionals like us when you’re looking for an AC or heater replacement. Our technicians will help you find the right type of heating and cooling system to meet your needs and fit your budget.
Contact Martin Heat & Air to find out more about heat pump installation. We’re more than HVAC services—we give you peace of mind.